- Heating Systems
- Air Conditioning
- Air Quality & Ducts
- Home Performance
- Plumbing & Water
Is your home drafty? Are there uncomfortably warm or cold spaces? Do you have high energy bills? If so, air penetrations and leaky ducts may be the cause. Trust the Pippin Brothers team to identify and seal leaks, boosting comfort and cutting energy bills throughout the year.
Many Oklahoma and Texas homeowners find their homes drafty, especially on windy days. Cracks and gaps in your home let conditioned air out and unconditioned air in, eroding your comfort and energy efficiency. For allergy and asthma sufferers, gaps also allow allergy and asthma triggers to enter the home.
Out of sight and out of mind, the importance of ductwork is often underappreciated. Ducts distribute conditioned air throughout your home. Your ducts, however, impact air flow throughout your home, and leaks can impact both home efficiency and comfort. In a typical home, 20 to 30 percent of the the air that moves through the system is lost due to leaks, according to Energy Star.
Problems We Solve With Air Sealing:
- Seal air leaks in house
- Uncomfortable – improves comfort level and more even temperatures by keeping heat out during the summer and in during the winter
- Drafts – eliminates air leakage that makes rooms drafty and uncomfortable
- Unhealthy air – make your home environment safe and healthy by reducing pollution, allergens, dust, and unhealthy and unsafe contaminants from leaking into your home and poisoning the air you and your family breathe
- Insects, Rodents, Spider webs and Cobwebs - Pests and critters can enter through even the tiniest opening in your home; Spiders create webs in areas where air flows in order to catch other insects; Air sealing eliminates pest entry points. The resulting pest and animal infestation reduction will eliminate the introduction of fecal matter, urine, and dead carcasses, all of which are known allergens
- High Energy Bills – Can reduce energy consumption by up 30%
- Outside noise issues – Makes home quieter
- Equipment longevity – extend the life of your comfort system with shorter run times, which can also result in fewer breakdowns due to less demand, wear and tear
- Paying for Services – PSO wants to pay for you to get these benefits through their rebate program
NOTE: Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice. A small investment in measuring and testing may help you prevent or avoid untimely and costly repairs or potential catastrophic failure without guessing. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin
Three Air Sealing Packages
Pippin Brothers offers three different air sealing packages to serve our valued customers:
Package #1: Takes two to three hours and addresses the most obvious gaps and cracks in your home.
Package #2: Takes four to five hours and addresses the same issues as Package #1, but also includes sealing penetrations in the attic.
Package #3: Takes all day and includes the services covered in Package #2, but we also use a blower door test to hunt for air leaks, finding less obvious holes.
Cut Your Energy Bills
Air penetrations literally let your energy dollars slip through the cracks. Conversely, unconditioned air enters, causing uncomfortable drafts. Did you know that air sealing can save up to 30% on your heating and cooling bills?
Leaky ductwork also makes your home less energy efficient. Leaks cause valuable heated or cooled air to escape, frequently to areas of your home that are unheated. Your heating and cooling system then has to work harder to compensate, boosting your energy costs. Working harder can require more service calls and cause your heating system to wear out more quickly.
Breath Easy With Cleaner Indoor Air
Gaps and penetrations create a pathway for pollen, moisture, dust, pests, and pollutants to enter your home, degrading indoor air quality. Leaky ducts also threaten air quality because they accumulate pet dander, dust and mold, which can then be dispersed throughout the home.
These air quality issues are particularly concerning in households with sufferers of allergy, asthma, and respiratory problems, as these pollutants can trigger symptoms. Air and duct sealing is an effective way to reduce concentrations, and air sealing can even block outside noise from entering for a quieter indoor environment.
Experts in Air and Duct Sealing
Pippin Brothers technicians are skilled in all areas of home performances, boosting home comfort while cutting energy bills. As experts in the HVAC industry since 1978, our certified and trustworthy technicians treat customers with respect, and provide the highest quality craftsmanship. All Pippin Brothers technicians have had a background check, drug test, and driving record check. We are known from Vernon, Texas to Altus, Oklahoma for our honesty and expertise in reducing utility bills throughout the year.
In addition to our core services, we provide consultations on the best products for you. Get our tips on safety, conservation and cost cutting included in your service!
Call us today at (OK) 580-699-5660 | (TX) 940-228-1119